Wednesday, December 10, 2008

IT'S BRITNEY BITCH (and she's back better than ever!!)

OK guys, for my very first installment I'm going to review 'Circus' the new album by formally troubled pop tart and as she is referred to on the album, 'The new Queen of Pop' Britney Spears.

Now lets get one thing clear, I am a SUPER DUPER Brit Brit fan, I was so there when she begged to be hit one more time, when she claimed to be stronger than yesterday and shared her pain "everytime" she tried to fly (didn't we all!). But don't worry gang, I am not a biased buster, just because I love her doesn't automatically mean I will love the album. But I totally totally LOVE this record!! After this tour de force no one will argue that Britney isn't back!

The album embodies all the upbeat dance tracks that we have heard throughout her ten year career, most notably in 'Blackout' but unalike the latter Circus features good ol' Britney ballads, such as the ode to her sons Sean-Preston and Jayden, 'My Baby'. Unfortunately this time they are much more lack luster than her classic ballads such as, 'Sometimes' and is easily lost in the dance fusion of the rest of the album.

So to these dance tracks. They are the heart and soul of the record. Britney reinvents the genre with the super catchy, 'Kill the Lights' and 'Mannequin' which just screams So You Think You Can Dance. By the way how can I mention this album without mentioning her breakthrough track, 'Womanizer'. It reached number one in the USA, need i say more!

Well I obviously loved the record and I highly recommend this for the avid Britney fan and of course anyone who supports her return to fame. This one's a sure hit for the bass enthusiast (windows down of course so everyone else can here what your hearing in a real heroish sort of way, I JUST HATE THOSE PEOPLE!)

FLOOR FILLER: Kill The Lights TIME WASTER: My Baby, booooorrrrrrrriinnnngggggg! OVERALL RATING: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment